Monday, November 25, 2013

blue and black

I have been obsessed with cobalt blue for a while now. I have quite a few pieces in that color in my closet, and I am always looking for more. This is a dress that I have been recently using as a top (like here). Its comfortable and loose and so pretty. Up until recently my style has always been more fitted because I am worried about looking like I am swimming in my clothes since I'm short. But lately, I have been getting into some loose and flattering styles. I bought this dress about two years ago, right before I got married and I have worn it so many times since--even when I was pregnant. I just pushed the empire waistline up and tied a bow sash over my belly! I love converting regular clothes into maternity :)






Anyways, here I used it as a top for work.

Outfit details-dress (used as a top)-express-black tee-adea-black pencil skirt-ann taylor loft-black cardigan-gap-head scarf-lemon-flower clips-forever 21-necklace-local-tights-local-shoes-bamboo-belt-forever 21.

Here are some items in a similar style:
flower hair clips
blue leather peplum top
blue dress with collar
blue dress
blue and black sparkly shoes- so fun!



What items in your closet do you think you can use for maternity?


Check out my recent bohemian outfit post!


Linkups:
My Thrifty Chic
Lipgloss and Crayons

4 comments:

  1. I love cobalt blue! I feel like I just discovered it this past year and how great it works with everything…I guess I was hiding under a rock somewhere:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cobalt blue too! Such a great color! I think it is a color that anyone can pull off!
    xo,
    Jacqueline


    stylininstlouis.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol glad you found it now :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I'd love to hear what you have to say.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...